Oh my goodness child, there has been so much going on this last month! What a joy you have been! You are expressive, vibrant, you smile so very easily. You have a hundred different faces that have been burned into my mind forever. Like your, "What you talkin' 'bout Willis?" face, you curious face, your 'on your way to angry' face, and you "I'm there" angry face. You have a curious face, a happy face, a hungry face, and you are consistently delighted at your initials hanging from the tree branch in your room. They hold a wonder in your eyes that your momma can't even touch. :)
Other Milestones for Your Two Months of Livin':
* You are the bomb at holding your head up.
* You have kind of started learning how to put yourself to sleep! Perhaps your mommy stalk-watches you on the 'night-vision' monitor and watch as you slowly...close...your eyes..... :)
* You are so much more alert in your awake time. You LOVE your Ocean Baby Einstein (Thank you community group gals!)
* You poo less during the day. Sometimes you don't even poo at all! This was surprising to me. Then I read it was normal (you'll thank me when you go back and read this blog at age 13.) Whew.
* Surprisingly, your mommy likes to stick bows on your head. Who. stinkin. knew.
* You moved to your big girl crib this week. I was nervous you wouldn't transition well, then on your 4th night, YOU SLEPT FOR 7 HOURS STRAIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your mom freaked out and was WILDLY blessed.
* You got some shots today. Let's just say, you didn't like 'em. Let's also say, you screamed for about 3 hours today. Mad mad. Kinda took me back to the refluxy days. Thankfully our friends LP and AR were here to love on your crazy mother while she worried about you. :)
And Oh, The Places You'll Go.
We have been so many places and seen so many things this month! You spent most of your time at the State Fair asleep, but at least we went! Woo Hoo! Get yer Fletchers' corney dog on.
That's me. And You. Asleep. :)
Mommy and Sloan at the Amazing Dog show.
Davey being Presh.
Even though you were sleeping, Mommy won you a fish! Go balloon darts!Unkay, so maybe we went out to the ranch last week. And MAYBE I took along the little boots your T-Party bought you when she was in Montana in August. And MAYBE I put you in your newborn Davey Catherine onesie and we had a little photo shoot. Of course, in true diva fashion, the props got more ridiculous as the photo shoot went on. First pics boots only...
Then we progressed to a cowboy hat added....
Howdy Ya'll. The hat now needs to be ON.
Le Artistic shot. :)
And the grand poo-pa, added boots and lasso for final amazing cow girl look.
And I'm ridiculous but it was so much fun.Then, the other weekend we went to a "Fall Fun Festival" with some buddies in Richardson. This is KM's little dream baby. She's a bute, Clark. And of course we had to dress Davey up in her first of her many 'outfits for all occasions,' and she looked A.Dor.Able. See Daddy below looking attractive holding my baby.
This week we went to the Dallas Arboretum. Good gracious. Pumpkins and flowers and children O my! There are so many tizite things going on there - I just wish Davey was old enough to understand any of it! (Not really. I love EACH stage. I could just hear the nay-sayers creeping in "Oh now Callie, EVERY life stage is beyyoooootiful.") Anyhoo, I had this sad conviction about the face that I had taken maybe a total of 5 pictures with my daughter in her 8 weeks of life. So dag nabit, we had ourselves a proper photo shoot. Some she was cooperative, some not. :) OBVI.
On her "Davey" blanket.
"Sigh, a diva's work is NEVER done."
I just pooted. And I'm happy about it. Deal.
The age-old, pumpkin propped pics. :)
"Mommy, I'm slipping....."
Huge thanks to HT for being so amazing at pic-taking.
Darling little girl,
It's been an amazing two months. You grow more beautiful with every day. What a blessing you are to us, and I pray you continue to grow "strong in the Lord and in His mighty power" (Eph 6:10). May you fall recklessly and hopelessly in love with our Savior one day, and may his face shine down upon you - may you rely on Him one day as fully and fearlessly as you do on your mom and dad.
Lord, thanks for loaning us this one. This is going to be good.