Waiting for Baby Boy!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Watching Davey Grow

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Watching Evie Leigh Grow

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

It's a great day to be alive


God is awesome and He provides sweet opportunities to use us as we strive to make Him more famous.

Park Cities People and Dallas Morning News - 2 publications printed and circulated here in the Dallas area. I will admit, the first thing I think of when I think of People is really high-brow hob-nobby-type parties that people dress up for and love to attend because they get their picture taken and get to say, "Hey, that's me in that picture-don't I look hot." Dallas Morning News makes me think of Cowboys coverage. LOTS and LOTS of Cowboys coverage.

Until about 21 hours ago.

Never would I have thought that these two publications employ amazing journalists, believers, interested in following and capturing stories of hope, love, and and perhaps even the supernatural.

Now I do. I might. Well, I could.

My Ryan and Scott Michael got interviewed last night and this morning by writers (awesome believers) about what life does to someone when they decide either to give a kidney away, or willingly accept one from someone else. I think they are learning - a LOT happens! After two 1-hour meetings over coffee and honest conversation, hopefully some encouraging pieces about how people can truly act, outside of their own flesh, when they decide to lean on Jesus Christ and allow Him to make them into something they could never be on their own, or without his example..."sacrificingly selfless." Hopefully the stories run, and hopefully God gets some serious glory. Until then, check your paper, and trust God with hard stuff.

Soli Deo Gloria, Daddy, Soli Deo Gloria.

No comments: