Waiting for Baby Boy!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Watching Davey Grow

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Watching Evie Leigh Grow

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 14, 2010

11 Days Left! Or is it 18? :)

Hello friendys,

So, we had a meeting with our birth coach on Wednesday of this week, and she was asking us all sorts of good questions about excitement, pain management, expectations, etc. Then, she said something SO naughty....

SH: Are you so excited?

CN: Yes, so super duper excited! I'm practically counting down the days! So few left!

SH: I dunno girl. I'm kind of expecting a September baby from you.

ERRRRRRR???????

CN: I'm sorry, it sounded like you just said SEPTEMBER.

SH: {smiles.}

Oh Heavens to Betsy. Apparently, since she has helped birth, I dunno, thousands of babies, she actually has some kind of inkling into the average gestation period for first time moms (which is 41 weeks and 1 day, by the way, if you wanted to be enlightened)....

Well, so who knows folks. Let's just hold that due date lightly, unkay? No calling Callie on the 25th and every day before and after just to 'check.' :) Well, JK call if you want. I love calls. But be supportive if it's after the 25th and little Nixie pooka shell has not arrived yet. Promise? Promise?

I know, we need a happy moment to this conversation. The "Super-amazing-and-awesome-Pottery-Barn-Super-Glider-Chair+Ottoman arrived today!" Man, I am like a walking advertisement for PBK. It's seriously presh, and the room is really starting to come together. Mama (heroine of awesomeness) finished the bumper and the bed skirt also! I have a REAL LIVE crib!

Take a gander at some of the pics below:

The finished bumper. My mom made that. Soooo neat. And little lambie is occupying the crib until baby comes. :)
The toy bins and shelves. Amazing community group gals gave me a 'family tree' for my birthday. It's in the top left shelf. It's amazing.
Changing table! Organized!
The newest welcome addition to the room! Welcome happy chair glider thingy!!
Looks like it may need an iron....it's a LITTLE wrinkled from it's voyage.

Close up of detailing of lambie and the bumper.

Just so so excited.

I went swimming today and man oh delightfulness, you really have no idea what all extra 'junk' you are carrying around until you get to experience weightlessness for a heavenly 45 minutes. Pregnant homies.... SWIM. It is seriously the best thing.

Now, had breakfast for dinner, and am headed to go join Mr. in the biscuit. Last night I made it 35 min before having to migrate to the couch. Wonder if tonight will be different. Do you think that when I'm awake and not sleeping he cares if I pull on his arm hairs? Just for fun, and they are so soft......

G'nite!

3 comments:

Liza said...

Random thoughts from Liza:

Yay! Can't wait to meet your sweet new one very soon. Shelby came 15 days early which I was thrilled about since she was totally healthy! So, you just never know. I want to turn my house into a pool when I hit about 5 months so I can just swim everywhere and avoid back pain. Your cankles rock. I need to send you a pic of my vericose veins or my very gross veins as I loving call them. Baby nix's room is presh! You are going to be the best mommy. I sorta want you to raise mine, ok? Love u

The Thompson Family... and Olivia makes 4!!! said...

Love the nursery! So sweet and yes, the PB kids stuff is the absolute best (too bad it's so ridiculously pricy!!). Charlotte has the little lamby and loves it, she is sitting on it right now watching her morning baby einstein video :) Don't worry, baby will be here before you know it and big and strong and healthy! Until then, I guess just keep swimming ;)

Leila said...

Yo mama is one talented seamstress! Can't wait to see this little nursery in person! :)