Waiting for Baby Boy!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Watching Davey Grow

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Watching Evie Leigh Grow

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Dear Kenna, You Are a Hussy.


So, I think my dog is pregnant.
Yes, you heard me, pregnant.
Yes, my one-and-a-half-year-old dog is pregnant.

This precious beautiful little puppy, once just a little chocolate bug sitting on my lap, may have lost her innocence.


AND IT'S ALL MY FAULT.
The story you ask? Sit down, young padawans, and I'll tell you a fetching fable.

Once there was a dog whose owners were the greatest owners in the WORLD! They took her on walks every day, ran with her, took her to the park, their ranch, Colorado, and gave her so much love she thought she would burst.

Then one day, everything started changing.

There was a new puppy in town. She wasn't brown and furry like Kenna the dog, she was bald all over except on her head. She didn't do ANYTHING. She couldn't even walk, and mom had to carry her everywhere. She cried at night, during the WHOLE day, and all times in between. She took up so much of her parents' time crying, sometimes Kenna's mom would forget to feed her or let her out to go to the bathroom. :( So one day, when the yard men left the side gate open, and mom let Kenna out (without her normal watchful supervision) to go to the bathroom during her special time, she knew to run for all she was worth!

45 minutes, a screaming baby in the car, and a terrified mother later, she was found. Was it a compassionate, loving neighbor that picked up the beloved pup? Nay, it was a full-blown animal rights activist. With her firey red hair blowing in the September Texas wind, she told Callie and her mother the following:

-"She's SOOOO thin"
- How can you have a un-spayed dog running around in the neighborhood when there are SO many dogs in the world and over 4 MILLION are put down every year!
-I was emailing around trying to find out whose dog it is!!
- I imposed upon my gracious neighbor to keep your dog in their back yard.
- She has been back their hanging out with their American PIT BULL, Tito.

Errrrrkkkkkk!

Her AMERICAN PITBULL? Now, I was gone by this time, to go satiate the screaming baby. Mom quickly scooped up Kenna and left.

She went back by later, and gently asked if Mr. Frito the American Pitbull was neutered.
Mrs. Animal Right's Activist choked on every last word she had admonished us with.
"Oh.... you know..... that is a GREAT question... perhaps I should find that out."

Well folks, I've been by 2 more times and STILL haven't heard.

And my dog grows by the day. Sigh, alas, anon.

If anyone is in the market for some pit-bull-lab puppies.................

Call me. We'll see - she's due over Thanksgiving week. What a Christmas present for you and your family to enjoy!!!!! Go google pit lab puppies. A-Dor-Able. (I'm lying.)

and yes, they will BE FREE.
This is how Kenna sleeps. How can you resist this adorableness?

PLEASE BUY OUR PITBULL LAB PUPPIES.

4 comments:

Psalm112 said...

Love it!!

Leila said...

Oh my goodness Callie that is hilarious! Maybe poor Kenna just wanted to relate with you better? Can't wait to see you in a few short days!!

Gable said...

this made my day.

Psalm112 said...

So literally, I saw the other day soon after we saw y'all....a chocolate lab/pit mix. Seriously! I even overheard the owner tell someone it was a lab/pit mix. Needless to say, it probably would not make AmericanPuppy's latest magazine photo spread, but it had a HUGE head and the body of a lab....

Daddy soon to be and Pauper to the Princess